Friday, September 09, 2005

leaping man



My inspiration for this piece came from a photo of Bill T. Jones, a dancer. This piece was exhibited in a performing arts- dance production. It is my only male form in all of my artwork. It definitely requires a large space for the best effect. The arms span the length of a twin bed. I could barely get it out of the room I created it in! The pictures barely do it justice in terms of seeing the detail involved...
I went crazy working on this piece. It took me between 120-140 hours to create this life size man. I became obsessed with the man's back. I have muscle definition and have captured the various curves of the body flexing.

This piece is currently available and for sale.

see more of the human form:
vulnerability
a time of reflection
newborn
melancholy
little girl
hope
hand
contemplation
breathe

click here to go back to the home page.

No comments: