Monday, October 22, 2007

inside the studio




My latest show was Open Studios – an annual event held each year in San Francisco offering opportunities for more than 700 artists to open their doors to the public.

The weekend of October 19-21 I exhibited my work at the 1890 Bryant Street Studios as a guest of Cynthia Tom. She’s an artist I have run into many times over the years because we run in similar circles and have common connections through mutual friends. This woman has a 1500 square ft. space. It was amazing! The place was so nice! There were all of these cool pieces of antique furniture in there – couches and loveseats, desk chairs from the 50’s, little 1940’s ottomans… She also makes chandeliers so the room had about 4 chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. The building was pretty impressive too with its huge hallways and floor to ceiling doors for each studio space. I ran into a few artists whom I totally admire and respect. It was nice to see that the respect is mutual.
It was a great weekend.

No comments: