Monday, October 06, 2008

12th annual art for aids auction



This beauty here was auctioned off at this year's 12th Annual Art for Aids Benefit Auction in San Francisco on Friday, October 3, 2008.

Art for AIDS is San Francisco's premier art event benefiting one of the nation's leading AIDS service organizations, the UCSF AIDS Health Project. This event boasts:
500 sophisticated art patrons and buyers
125 modern and contemporary art pieces for sale during an evening of silent and live auctions
Community-minded sponsors and supportive media
San Francisco's finest purveyors of food and drink

Bringing together a creative community of artists, galleries, art donors and art patrons, sponsors and media, the Art for AIDS event connects the art world, a community deeply aware of the epidemic's toll, with one of the nation's leading AIDS prevention and care organizations.
While in the past my work has been a part of the silent auction, this year my piece was auctioned off live in front of a crowd of bidders by a professional auctioneer! I wish I could have been there (although I think I would have been a nervous wreck!)

No comments: