I realized just how much the weather affects my mood. This realization was obvious when I woke up lighthearted as the sunlight streamed into the room yesterday morning. The day felt so optimistic and I worked so hard, getting so much done and yet feeling really hopeful and positive at the same time. Today was a dark, rainy day as I slowly crawled out of bed all achy and draggy. It took a cup of strong coffee to kick things into gear…
I have spent the past two days working on a new website for all of my artwork. It is slowly coming along and tends to eat up many hours as I pull all of my images and remarks together into many categories under one roof. Some of this process has been tedious and mind-numbing and yet I find myself thinking about how beautiful the site will be when it launches. It feels great, like I am putting together a beautiful gift to share with the world.
This morning the following article was in the SF Chronicle:
Musician Carlos Santana can soon add a new award to his bevy of Grammys: the 2010 Mayor's Art Award. Mayor Gavin Newsom will present the honor March 18 at a private event hosted by the Arts Commission in the War Memorial Veterans Building's Green Room.
"Carlos Santana is without a doubt one of San Francisco's most beloved icons," Newsom said in a statement. "When he burst onto the scene with his extraordinary new sound he solidified San Francisco's position as one of the main stages in the history of rock 'n' roll."
Santana said in a statement, "I am honored to be given this wonderful award from the city that helped launch my life as a musician."
Previous recipients of the award during Newsom's tenure include cotemporary artist Ruth Asawa and choreographer Alonzo King.
Why is this so exciting to me that I’d do a happy little dance around my room? Well, today I got an invite to this fabulous event! Because of my storefront project, I’ve entered into a new circle of artist friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment