We didn’t get the loft.
We are devastated.
I’ve been debating about how much of this to share but somehow I feel like I’d be cheating you if I didn’t share this story in its entirety.
On Saturday morning Derek and I sat before a panel of people and revealed our truest selves. As I said before, I thought it went really well. We were ourselves, we were insecure and even had moments where we made ourselves vulnerable as we revealed how important it was for us to have the space. I watched as the panel members looked engaged. Some even sat forward in their seats listening and nodding with looks of understanding. They seemed to get us. They laughed at our jokes. They empathized with the fact that we have been living apart and a few of the women said how they hoped we’d get a chance to go out and have fun after the meeting. As one of the guys walked us out when the meeting was over he said, “Boy have we got a hard decision to make.” We left the building and went to coffee, talking about the experience and feeling good about it, but still anxious knowing we needed to wait for their decision.
Saturday night I got an email a little after 10 pm. They chose another couple.
What’s next? Who knows.
For now, I’m just working through the sadness. I don’t know what’s next.
No comments:
Post a Comment