Tuesday, June 29, 2010

a lofty thought...


I have been in the process of applying for another live/work space. It’s across the street from the one I first applied for. My friend John contacted me to let me know there was an available space in his building and now I’m in the throws of that process. It’s complicated and exhaustive. One part of the process involves meeting everyone who lives in the building (33 people) and collecting their signatures to complete a portion of the application. You have to go to the building and track these people down, knocking on doors and hoping you don’t disturb people too much. Just the process alone is enough to discourage and screen out people who aren’t super driven to get in.

I am tired and a bit drained in general, but continuing onward with the process. Meanwhile, I entertain myself by looking at spaces on Apartment Therapy and creating floorplan ideas on scraps of paper. I’ve re-arranged the furniture layout possibilities multiple times and I’m thinking of re-painting the floors if I get the space. (The floors are concrete.)

No comments: