I dropped off my work at the UCSF Women's Health Center yesterday. It is truly a beautiful place. I have lots of stories to tell and photos but I haven't taken them off my camera yet. What I do want to say is this- my work is something I truly feel God has called me to do. Sometimes I feel like I am simply a vehicle for his purposes. I am not conscious of this all the time by any means but on days like yesterday I realize this and I am immediately humbled. It no longer becomes about me and what I made but about how it will be used and the message that will be delivered.
While I knew my work would be at a Women's Clinic, I did not know exactly where it would be. This place has seven floors and they chose 8 artists to fill those floors with work. All I knew is that I hoped my work would be able to bring comfort and healing to someone. When I found out where it would be placed I found myself feeling a little emotional.
I was sent to the seventh floor - the fertility wing.
This seemed so appropriate- sacred. You see, my series is called 'the journey'. It came from a place of doubt, of living in the unknown, of longing and hoping and this kind of gut wrenching struggle. And so to think that women will be sitting in that beautiful peaceful wing with it's sage colored couches and earth toned floors looking at my copper colored souls that may reflect some aspects of their struggle makes me feel thankful (and very humbled because I did not plan this - I simply did the work).
No comments:
Post a Comment