I went over to my friends live/work loft to see the walls I will be using for this years big open studio show. My time at the building was pleasant as I hung out with an artist named Jennifer. After I saw the space I will be using we hung out in her studio and she showed me some of the paintings she's working on. My friend John arrived at his place and I ended up seeing some of his latest work too as well as his new camera. We all talked about what we are working on and the creative process and it just felt really GOOD. In some ways it reminded me of this video (below). The look of the studio spaces - all junky and with so many works in progress, the way we shared with one another - all of it comes to mind when I see this video. It makes me happy - like wow, this is my life...
No comments:
Post a Comment