Last night was the second annual Guerilla Show at Arc Gallery here in SF.
The idea was to fill a gallery full of great works of art priced at $300 or less that could be purchased directly off the wall. The term, Guerrilla, has come to refer to unconventional and unexpected techniques that small groups employ to shake things up, force you to take a second look, and change your preconceptions about the everyday world, often in a mobile and temporary manner.
The gallery opened its doors last night and will do so again tonight.
Here are some photos I took as I dropped off work for the event. Everyone who submitted work turned in two similar pieces so that when one sells, they can hang the other (and hopefully sell that too!)
On my way out of the gallery I stopped and looked at some of the postcards with work of other artists on display for whomever wanted to take a card. I was happily surprised to see my business cards there as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment