
I like this photo. It’s counter to how I feel right now yet encouraging in an odd way because I hope to feel this kind of glee at some point or another. It’s a gray day. For those of you living in places where everything is covered in snow – you will probably roll your eyes when you hear what I’m going to say but it’s really cold today. The air has a crisp bite to it and it’s 50 degrees. It’s a day when scarves are good to have and if you leave the house without one (like I did earlier) you start envying the people around you who look all cozy and warm in theirs.
I went out today even though I have a cold and my head is full of congestion, even though my bones hurt and my knees struggle to bend. Pain seems to accompany me every day and I hate it. It gets me down and makes me feel limited. The past few months have been painful as I deal with my body and as I deal with relationships… Life is complicated.
I’m melancholy today so if you are wondering where I am, I’m in my room watching old movies, packaging wire letters and propping a heating pad on my knee. I’m being quiet and allowing myself to feel how I feel. I’m present in this moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment