Friday, April 13, 2012
five senses
SEE
- Nurse Jackie. I have been watching past episodes of Nurse Jackie. I made it through season 1 and I am hooked. I love Edie Falco.
- A bedroom that looks like a factory… You’d think I never moved into the studio by the look of this room. I have been working from home all week. I must say my life is boring in general – sculpting and watching cable tv. I was feeling guilty about this (like I need to be more exciting and adventurous) and then I saw an interview with the comedian Chris Rock and he said he spent 10 years or his life going to the comedy club almost every night. When the interviewer questioned him further he said – “Yeah that means no social life really and no dating because it was always a priority to get on stage on a Friday and Saturday night. I was dedicated to being the best comedian I could be.” Somehow that makes me feel better about my introversion and focus (although I don’t plan to be a hermit for 10 years...)
HEAR
- Thunder so loud last night that it shook the house. It scared me and made me want to get in bed and hide under the covers. Thunder usually doesn’t have this effect on me. It was so powerful though that the rumbling made me think of earthquakes – so unnerving. Plus it kept setting off car alarms because it was so strong.
FEEL
- an overall feeling of crappiness – I tend to get in a funk before every open studios event. I start doubting myself and worry that the work is boring or not good before events like these. I feel restless and grumpy and very, very unsettled.
SMELL
- coffee … I have been prepping the coffee pot at night so I can wake up in the morning and just press the button, get in the shower and have a cup when I get out
- a stale menthol smell from using a minty rub on my knees and hips before bed.
TASTE
Foods I should not be eating – breads, soda, sweets
I was doing well and then Easter arrived and it was all about chocolate and bread. {Sigh} I will get back to good eating though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment