Saturday, May 19, 2012

five senses


SEE
- a woman shoving 1/2 a donut into her mouth before getting on the train - her cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk
- little quaint restaurants and businesses in an area that was once filled with nothing but shipping and industrial businesses
- an environmental advocacy lawyer near the shipyard, an area known for high rates of cancer and toxic waste
- me wearing these little patterned hats that I made, which I have taken to wearing a few times a week so I can give my hair a rest
- a park near the water completely tucked away in a neighborhood where you would not expect such beauty
- a female bus driver with fire engine red hair
- a big puffed heart- a public work of art painted by someone I know
- a bride and groom walking along Market Street, a busy street in SF
- houses and cars drawn on the sidewalk in pink, white and purple chalk
- a group of guys in business suits downtown in the financial district -they are standing with one guy who is dressed in a full blown pirate suit

HEAR
- a little girl crying out from exhaustion-- minutes later she fell asleep

TASTE
- fruit smoothies
- pasta salad
- organic coffee

FEEL
- uncomfortable as I navigate through new experiences and meet new people
- like I'm growing
- a sense of purpose
- physically tired
- touch: a variety of fabrics - satin, leather, twill, silk, cotton...

SMELL
- the smell of waste coming from the city dump (which I pass on my way to the studio)
- a delicious smoky smell coming from a new BBQ restaurant
- coffee brewing

No comments: