Wednesday, May 09, 2012

the struggle...

A very ugly cold took over and has been beating me up since Friday. I find myself going on very little sleep, easily provoked and at times feeling a bit moody. This incessant dry cough has worn me out - achy ribs, raw sore throat and the inability to lay down and rest. Meanwhile life feels like it is moving fast and full of demands. I have been making art and trying to finish all of the small details that complete each project. A few meetings had to be pushed back simply because no one wants to watch you cough until you choke while they are trying to talk about art. I've been a bit frustrated with myself - frustrated at the fact that I feel so tired, that it's taken me three days to do something I usually do in one day, the fact that I get to a point of exhaustion where I can't think. All of this makes me feel out of it and like I am not on top of my game. I have to keep reminding myself to rest and to heal and to know that God is in charge and His timing will prevail.

No comments: