Wednesday, June 20, 2012

random memory





It's a very early  summer morning. The sun is lighting up the whole room.
I'm a kid in elementary school, wiping sleep from my eyes and feeling slightly disoriented by the sounds coming from the other room. In the living room my mom is fully dressed, smiling and rocking her head to the music she has turned up full blast to wake us up with. My brothers and I stumble out of our rooms holding our hands over our ears as my mother greets us with a laugh and says, "Rise and shine - We have the whole day ahead of us. Let's get moving."
The song of the morning - The National Anthem by Jimi Hendrix

I don't remember the details of that day, just that it was good. It started with sunshine, my mom's smile and Jimi.


*** The photo above was taken by the very talented Andrea Jenkins! You can purchase it by going HERE to her shop!



No comments: