SEE
- a woman with a rosary tattooed around her ankle. The beads elegantly circled her calf and went down the side of her foot as the cross laid on the top of her foot.
- people in Giants gear everywhere! San Franciscans take such pride in their city.
- people selling bootleg SF Giants and 49er t-shirts and sweatshirts
- a little baby girl with the face of an old woman. She looks like she's been here before.
- my artist friend Priscilla's earrings- big mobiles with dangling lime green balls
HEAR
- The bus driver plows down the street to my bus stop at the shipyard, slamming on his breaks and running to the porta-potty. When he comes out he smiles at me and says, "Whew! I thought I wouldn't make it! I've had the bubble guts all day! That sandwich at lunch really did me in!" (Can you say- too much information?)
- "Ooh, this baby just keeps jumping around and moving like crazy!", says an expectant mother with surprise in her voice. In her left hand she holds a jumbo sized 1 liter bottle of Mountain Dew which she gulps down like someone trying to quench their thirst. I struggle not to smile or giggle as I imagine her hyper baby doing a cartwheel out of her womb all jacked up on caffeine.
TASTE
- veggie lasagna
- popcorn with hot sauce on it (Wendy Williams turned me on to it)
- apple juice
SMELL
- garbage as a man gets on the bus with a huge cart full of bottles to take to the recycling place
FEEL
- aching hands and arms
No comments:
Post a Comment