Friday, November 16, 2012

five senses

SEE
- my hands now that I finally broke down and bought some silver nail polish and painted my nails. I feel like I have jeweled fingertips! Lots of joy from a bottle of polish purchased at Walgreens!
- the book I am currently reading about New Orleans. It's called 'Why New Orleans Matters'

 HEAR
- a guy, I'll call him 'hustleman' tried to sell me a 12 pack of capri sun drinks for a dollar the other day when I came out of a store. His selling point, " You probably have kids and well... kids get thirsty." I've gotta give it to him
- he at least tried to come up with some salesmanship! - Some old man stopped me on the street the other day to tell me, "You are beautiful, absolutely stunning!" Then he said his name was Marvin and he's an Aquarius.
- A woman and her young son wait to cross a busy street in a crowd of people. He gets ready to step forward even though the traffic is driving by at a rapid pace. She says, " You step out in this street and get hit and I will hurt you boy! (I'm thinking there's pain involved either way.)
- the rain beating against the pavement

 TASTE
- salads that have a tex-mex feel to them with chopotle ranch dressing, avocados, cheese and tortilla chips among the mixed greens and tomatoes
- chicken salad
- apple juice

SMELL
- my favorite perfume
- vegetables cooking

 FEEL
- restless like I'm waiting for something big to happen
- like a cold is coming on even though I have been taking packets of Emergen-C every day for a week

No comments: