Friday, January 18, 2013

in the eleventh hour!

I am traveling to New Orleans where I will capture the essence of the city's culture and 'breathe' it into wire!
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THIS PROJECT!
Any funding over my goal amount will be used toward travel to Los Angeles, California -- another city in which I will be exhibiting work this year.
This campaign is still in motion so if you want to become involved GO TO KICKSTARTER.

 “Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back-- Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, that ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe 

I began this project with hesitancy and the realization that it was a risk -- it could fail or succeed. I also had to deal with my issues of asking for help. I often take on tasks alone and struggle to acknowledge when I need a helping hand. However, while speaking with a friend she helped me to see that my needing help was only one small part of the bigger picture. By taking this on, I've been given the chance to create a sense of community -- a gathering of hopes and dreams. In this process I've been able to share my artwork as well. Hopefully this series of emails has been inspiring to you.

I hope you realize that you still have time to go after your dreams - despite your circumstances. Each day is a new beginning, a new chance to grow, to heal and to fill your life with goodness and beauty. 

Through this project alone, over 60 pieces of art will find new homes!

No comments: