Friday, January 04, 2013

taking steps



When I dare to be powerful— to see my strength in the service of my own vision, then it becomes less important whether I am afraid.– Audre Lorde



Item of the Day - January 4, 2013
The 'Andrea' boot
She needed to take a big step -- to slide into her big girl shoes and embrace the future in a bold new way. Her boots were made for walking and that's just what she did! While I love the idea of shoes, I stopped creating them simply because I'd explored the limits of shape and sculpture with this object. Here's what I wrote about this shoe after creating it: She was fun and silly although her shoes made her stand out in a crowd. The boots revealed the persona behind the smile – the superhero that she really was, the brave courageous warrior within, the woman who could not be stopped!

Pledge $80 to my campaign and snag this item!
Hurry - there is only ONE! Regularly priced at $150. 
Once it's gone, it's gone.

No comments: