The essence of all art is to have pleasure in giving pleasure. – Dale Carnegie
What happens when you encounter a change in scenery in the midst of a routine day?
What happens when art is placed in unexpected places?
Like say for example you are walking through the financial district in San Francisco near the Embarcadero Center and you happen to glance over at a window and see the most amazing work hanging there?!
I once said I wanted to share art with people who might not necessarily go to openings and museums. I wanted to make art less intimidating, more accessible, a part of life. My work is currently on view in three windows in San Francisco right next to the Embarcadero Center. In the midst of busy workdays, shopping, traffic, buses passing by; in the financial district, I have been offered an opportunity to present my creative works in a public place for people of all walks of life to see.
In the center of the hustle and bustle there stand my sculptures.
I think that’s pretty cool.
Art for Art’s Sake
275 Sacramento Street (at the corner of Front and Sacramento Streets)
San Francisco, CA
June 19- July 20, 2009
PRICE LIST for work on display:
title: mix and mingle
artist: Kristine Mays
medium : wire
size: 32 in. (w) x 37 in. (h) x 5 in. (d)
Description: black dress with silver design down the front and cap sleeves
title: bubbling with delight
artist: Kristine Mays
medium : wire
size: 32 in. (w) x 37 in. (h) x 5 in. (d)
Description: pale blue dress with bubble skirt and V- neck
title: sunshine in Brazil
artist: Kristine Mays
medium: wire
size : 38in. (h), 26 in.(w), 5 in. (d)
Description: deep red summer dress with empire waist and gathered flowing fabric.
1 comment:
I've always admired your "LOVE", and I simply am smitten with those dresses. I'd love to watch the people who pass them by each day.
Post a Comment