HEAR
- my mom unknowingly talking loud (asked her if maybe she should get her ears checked and that did not go over well)
- rhythmic jumping on the ceiling as our neighbor exercises above us
- music by this British group called The Bullitts. They do such experimental stuff that it reminds me of the dada era – a collaboration of electronica, spoken word, acoustic guitar, jazz and with an orchestra playing along too. It’s strange and yet I feel like I’ve discovered a group of ‘cool’ kids. They are random - funny, sweet, dark and reflective, sometimes upbeat and fun, other times melancholy... See how random they are in the video above.
SEE
- beautiful cloud formations on a clear day
- pictures of Beyonce’s beautiful baby
- one of my favorite shows, Parenthood
SMELL
- floral scents
- having been reminded that memory and emotions are triggered by smells I bought another bottle of my perfume. It’s funny, I looked at the almost empty bottle and thought I might be acting too extravagantly to buy another right now. After all, perfume isn’t a necessity. Then I heard a guy talking about how his attention is captured by smells and how they remain in his memory… The way he explained how smell affected him made me realize I’d probably miss my perfume if I just let it run out and didn’t buy any more.
FEEL
- anxious at times, waiting for something big to happen
- inspired by other creative people
- the experience of wild vivid dreams (I never know what the night will bring)
TASTE
- chicken salad
- french toast (haven’t had any but I keep daydreaming about it)
No comments:
Post a Comment