Monday, February 13, 2012

growth

When I was in elementary school we did this project where you soak a lima bean in a damp paper towel and wait for it to sprout roots and then you plant it and measure its growth. It was fun and exciting. On some level it was an example that things grow even when you can’t see them taking place. I remember wanting to dig up my plant to see it’s progression. I could not wait to see the sprouts break through that soil! I remember my mom telling me again and again that I needed to be patient and allow it simply to develop. She said if I disturbed the soil or tried to peek by groping around in the dirt that I’d kill anything that was developing. Hmmm… such a metaphor for life, don’t you think?

I’ve planted two ‘seeds’ lately that I thought I would have seen something from them by now and yet I am still in the waiting stages. The wild thing about planting seeds is you don’t know if they will sprout. Some do, some don’t. So with that in mind, I better get on with my day. I’m going to try to head over to the studio before I get held back by knee pain. (Managing knee pain has become both a physical and mental struggle.) I have some more seeds to plant - work to do as I conpinue to push forward, one step at a time.

Happy Monday. Let’s make some dreams come true.

P.S. Tell someone you love them today.

No comments: