I joined twitter last weekend. Bill T. Jones (famous dancer, director and choreographer) is at the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis, MN this weekend telling 70 one-minute stories. On twitter the Walker Art Center gave people a chance to share one-tweet stories. They said they would choose some to share on their website and/or re-tweet. I wrote ten tweets and they selected three of them to share with their 300 thousand followers! I smiled, excited and thinking how I used social networking to the fullest today.
Here are my ten one-tweet stories. They re-twitted the first three.
- In 3rd grade Margie won a contest for drawing MLK - Mine was better but she gave candy to kids to vote for her
- My favorite crayon colors have always been navy blue and basic red.
- Some of my best friendships were made in my 20s working at a coffee house.
- I loved school -- loved art MORE so 1 day I played sick so I could stay home and ‘color’. Got busted but it was worth it.
- Kids laughed at my drawing in kindergarden. The teacher realized I could draw in perspective.
- I remember crying at 7 when I realized Columbus was dead like my dad. Also cried about MLK, and Helen Keller.
- I always wanted to be an artist OR work at an ad agency like Darrin on Bewitched.
- As a kid I dreamed of being an artist and living in a brownstone type house.
- My mother used to discourage my dreams of being an artist – now she’s my biggest fan.
- Met the artist Nayland Blake last year. When I said I was an artist he looked at me and said ‘Sucker!’ We both laughed at that.
No comments:
Post a Comment