Monday, April 23, 2012
oh hello monday!
I have missed coming here, mostly because I have been so busy lately. This past week I haven't spent as much time on the computer as I usually do because I have been sculpting and painting and answering emails and doing other stuff.
I have exactly 5 days until spring open studios and I feel more freaked out than I usually do. Maybe it's because it's in my own space, or because I have the residency committee coming to see my work. I feel an additional pressure to have a good show - a pressure I don't know if I always feel (even though I always put a lot of pressure on myself to create something good). I had crazy dreams this past weekend of being caught not ready - dreams where I was headed to the studio and something happened that took me on the detour resulting in me never making it there and my space being opened for people to see with pieces propped against the wall rather than properly hung. I have my week mapped out with the goal of being ready well before Friday.
Last night my computer started doing weird things. Frankly I think it has crashed. This is devastating because so much of my stuff is not backed up. I tried not to freak out last night. This morning I woke up thinking how I hadn't backed up my iTunes library or most of my photos. If the computer won't work I can't make labels for my show, or gather a playlist for music, or update my art dealer with a form I send her every few weeks. Hmmm... I'm trying hard not to panic. It's not even 9 am and I feel stressed - not good.
I'll be praying my way through this day. I'm going to do the best with what I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment