Friday, August 17, 2012

five senses

SEE
- The new hat I just made a few nights ago... It's a soft weird fabric that looks like brushed felt in blue. I have been making little hats to wear on days when I don't like my hair. This keeps me doing something rash - like cutting my hair and at the same time I still look put together when I go out. I like a hat much better than a head scarf.
- My surprise when I opened a 'fan letter' email from someone who saw my work downtown in the window displays and liked it so much they took time to look me up and contact me. Feels good, especially after the hard week I have had.

HEAR
- the garbage truck early in the morning
- the wind blowing through the trees

TASTE
- pancakes
- an egg sandwich on multigrain bread with cheese and turkey sausage
- ginger snaps

SMELL
- fabric softener
- coffee brewing (one of my favorite smells)

FEEL
- good about making a big 'to-do' list and getting most of it done

1 comment:

Angie at Home said...

I love your "five senses" entries. I've just discovered your blog and I'm enjoying it.