I have the power to turn my life around. If my life is not as I wish it to be, I remind myself that I am one with God, and in God, I have the power to turn my life around. Instead of lamenting any perceived shortcomings, I focus on my strengths. I exchange thoughts of lack with gratitude. I am an unlimited being, living in an unlimited universe, experiencing good in unlimited ways. I trade disagreement for love. Barriers collapse as I direct loving thoughts and words toward those with whom I've felt contention. I affirm my oneness with the Spirit of all people. My positive thoughts are focused on the animating God-energy circulating in my life and affairs. My life is turned around for the better.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you.—Psalm 19:14
Looks like this message is definitely something I need to embrace and am learning in a deep way. I keep getting this message in a variety of ways, especially over the past week. The other day I found myself moaning about going to the studio when suddenly I stopped and thanked God that I have a studio! It has been a really financially tight few weeks and so I have been trying to not get too caught up in my current circumstances yet rather see the bigger picture and know (as in deeply know- not just talk to myself over and over) that God is in control and that He has my best interests in mind.
I heard a sermon two weeks ago called "Living beyond Limitations" and it talked about not looking at the lack but rather praising God and using what you do indeed already have. Then the next afternoon I watched one of Oprah's interviews with Marianne Williamson and she said quite a few things that resonated with me. I actually wrote down one of her remarks… Check it out :
The key to happiness is the decision to be happy. Happiness is not circumstance dependent. The only real happiness is the giving and receiving of love. A deep inner peace involves hearts that are open and the ability to give and receive love. If I am not happy, there's something I'm not looking at correctly. If I'm not happy I'm believing in an illusion, I am seeing the evidence of fear, all of the 'ain't it awfuls" of the world and I'm thinking that they are real, rather than remembering that only God's love is real in any situation. I am clearly looking at this through the eyes of fear and it's showing me one reality and that is my perception and then my experience is that I am unhappy. And then I am projecting onto the circumstances. However, from a spiritual viewpoint we are looking through a filter of fear and if I pray that all of my thoughts of judgment, of blame, of "I'm not good enough", of "they should give me" would cease - I'd see that I have what I need.
Here's a simple prayer- Dear God, I am willing to see this differently.
No comments:
Post a Comment