Wednesday, January 16, 2013

you are unique


Nobody gets to be you, except you. Nobody has your point of view, except you. Nobody gets to bring to the world the things that you get to bring to the world – uniquely get to bring to the world – except you. So saying there are enough writers out there, enough directors out there, enough people with a point of view – well, yeah, there are – but none of them are you, none of this them is going to make the art that you’re going to make, none of them will change people and change the world in the way that you could change it. So if you believe somebody who says, ‘No, no, we’ve got enough of those,’ then all it means is you’re giving up your chance to change the world the way only you can change it. - Neil Gaiman (Advice offered When a young woman cites being told she shouldn’t pursue being an artist because there are too many artists in the world already.) 


A love letter to you...
Here's to the jewelry makers, the moms, dads, grandparents, the flight attendants, the missionaries, the writers, the photographers, life coaches, and teachers. Here's to those with paint on their hands and brushes, to the business men, the business women, the lawyers, the brothers and sisters, the glass blowers and mosaic artists. Here's to those that love children, make boats, eat cheese -- to those who play music and dance. Here's to those who spice up a conversation with laughter and wit, to those who knit --- to the medical visionaries, the reporters, the homeschoolers, the scientists, and grocery clerks. To those who dream, believe, hope and aspire to make a difference to the world -- Thank you all for coming together like ingredients in a fine meal, nourishing and inspiring me as I create a new body of work.


Item of the Day - January 16, 2013
"heart on my sleeve" 4 in.(h) x 3.5 in.(w) x 1.25 in.(d)
A puffed wire heart broach. Can be worn on a shirt, sweater, bag or anywhere you please.

I like being this open - aware and flexible, simply watchful of everything around me. I may not know the details of my future but I know that I will continue to create. I know that by relaxing and soaking in experiences, creativity flows. I don't need as much as I think I do - just a willingness to be used, to create and to share the gifts I've been given. My heart is often on my sleeve and I am humbled. Where He leads I will follow…

Pledge $25 to my campaign and snag this surprise item! There is only ONE!

No comments: