Every fall I am faced with the question of what I will present in 20 square inches of space which will offer an idea of what my work looks like. In this exhibit over 400 works of art give a sampling of what can be viewed in the Open Studios event this month. This past Sunday I headed over to SOMarts Gallery to hang my piece and hang out with other artists who were there dropping off work. It was a sweet time. As you can see from the photo, the show is very organized and they grid the wall with white string so that each person gets exactly 20 square inches of space. Once the work is all installed the strings come down, the orange tags are replaced with official labels and the show is complete. The opening is tonight. I always hope to create a piece that is so irresistible that someone will have to buy it!
My sculpture - la vie en rose


No comments:
Post a Comment